GLAZE Series Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) Systems
GLAZE series Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems
Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) uses the energy of a focussed laser beam to vaporise a solid target material. The ablated materials are subsequently deposited onto a substrate. The main advantages of PLD are its simplicity and its ability to preserve the (often complex) stoichiometry of the target material in the deposited film.
Plasmionique’s GLAZE Series PLD Systems are designed for advanced thin film coating applications, and can combine additional features in the same vacuum chamber. Typical characteristics are shown below.
- Single target or multi-target carousel with computer-controlled indexing
- Substrate heating and manipulation and Substrate biasing available
- Turbomolecular pumping system with automatic pressure control
- Gas management system for multiple gases with mass flow controllers, fully automatic and programmable to tailor the gas mix
- LabVIEW® based control system for monitoring and controlling all system variables
- Intuitive graphic user interface
- Alarms and interlocks to protect system hardware and warn of unsafe conditions
- Real-time plotting and data logging
- Multi-step programming for complicated process “recipes”